The Skawinski winery, a historic building
An imposing building with shutters in a red reminiscent of Basque homes, the Giscours winery is adjacent to the Château and opposite the Old Stables.
It bears the name of Pierre Skawinski, who was hired by Jean-Pierre Pescatore, the new owner who acquired Giscours in 1847. He completed major work and made considerable improvements to the buildings and the vineyard. Thanks to him, the estate’s wines improved in both quality and style, earning Château Giscours its Third Grand Cru Classé classification in 1855.